Adult Volunteer Application
Caring Teen Volunteer Application
Helping others is what we do best at South Central Regional Medical Center. Caring for all your friends and neighbors is a big job. You can help your community by just being you! We would love to have you on board as a Volunteer!
To become a South Central Volunteer or find out more information, please call our Volunteer Services Department at 601.426.4704.
As a South Central volunteer you will have a choice in which area you wish to work. These areas include the Medical Center, ComfortCare Hospice, ComfortCare Nursing Center, Jones County Rest Home, the Children’s Academy, or the Rehabilitation and Wellness Complex. Some volunteers choose to work in more than one area.
Along with our adult volunteer program, South Central Regional Medical Center offers a volunteer program for teens, ages 16-18. Caring Teens provides supplemental services for select areas in our medical center and other SCRMC facilities.
As a South Central Volunteer, you will also be able to choose among a variety of jobs:
- Greeting the public at the Medical Center Information Desk or Home Care Office
- Assisting families in waiting rooms and Emergency Department
- Assisting with clerical duties in offices
- Answering the phone, running errands and assisting at nursing stations
- Sitting with Hospice patients
- Assisting with socialization of residents, special activities such as crafts, games, birthday celebrations, holiday parties at ComfortCare Nursing Center and Jones County Rest Home
- Sharing your special skills and talents with others such as musical instrument
- Assisting with children at the Children’s Academy
- Assisting in Surgery in the Pre-Operative Holding Area
These are only a small list of ways you can help when you become a South Central volunteer. Some jobs require special skills, but there are many areas that require nothing more than a big heart, a little time, and a willingness to learn.
Whether you can volunteer for an hour a week or for several hours a day, your time and efforts will enrich the lives of patients and will assist our visitors and staff. By choosing to volunteer your time and services at SCRMC, you are sure to receive that wonderful feeling one gets from helping others.
The volunteer team at South Central is growing every day because of the caring people in our community. Remember, volunteers make a difference and light the lives of others. One person can make a difference and every person should try.
For information on becoming a volunteer for SCRMC, contact Bonnie Smith at 601-426-4704 or firstname.lastname@example.org.