Laurel Family Clinic and South Central Urgent Care are now South Central Family Medicine & Urgent Care.
Our medical practices, our hours of operations and our locations will remain the same as under the Laurel Family Clinic and the South Central Urgent Care name.
Our New Phone Number: 601-425-2273.
Click here to access our secure South Central Clinics Patient Portal.
Family Medicine Services:
Our Family Medicine team is committed to serving your complete healthcare needs. The facility is comprised of four Board Certified Family Medicine Physicians, Dr. Jack Evans, Dr. Kenneth Grafton, Dr. W. Mark Horne, Dr. Terry Pitts, our Nurse Practitioner, Rebecca Scarbrough, FNP and Physician Assistants, Jeanna Freeman-Berkey and Alan Bryson.
“As your Family Medicine healthcare provider, we are honored and privileged to be able to continue serve your family from the past into the future,” states Jack Evans, MD, Family Medicine Physician. “For those who may not have an established family medicine provider, we want to commit to serving your complete healthcare needs. Please call today to schedule an appointment with our dedicated team of healthcare professionals.”
The healthcare providers in Family Medicine specialize in the treatment of chronic care conditions including diabetes, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), GERD, hypertension, thyroid disease, depression, arthritis, and other conditions which require follow up and care. They also provide:
- Diagnosis and treatment of acute illnesses
- Comprehensive physical exams and laboratory testing for assessment of healthcare needs
- Defining and updating your immunization requirements
- Women’s preventive healthcare
- Answers to your most personal questions regarding your health
- Assessing your healthcare risks and education on preventive changes in your lifestyle
- Minor surgical procedures
Family Medicine Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Chronic Care Management is available for Traditional Medicare Beneficiaries at Laurel Family Clinic. To learn more, click here or call 601-651-4279.
South Central Family Medicine & Urgent Care is accepting new patients. Medicare, Medicaid and Most Commercial Insurance Plans are Accepted. For an appointment, please call (601) 425-2273.
Urgent Care Services:
Urgent Care Services – Open 7 Days a Week – No Appointment Required.
South Central Urgent Care is open seven days a week for ailments such as:
- Sore Throats
- Ear aches
- Coughs and colds
- Nebulizer treatment
- Basic labs (CLIA Certified Laboratory)
- Digital X-Ray service
- Sport injuries
- Sprains and strains
- Possible broken bones or simple fractures
- Flus and fevers
- Eye infection
- Vomiting and diarrhea
- Minor cuts that may need stitches
Our facility works directly with Board-Certified Family Medicine Physicians to ensure you receive quality healthcare services during all encounters.
Medicare, Medicaid and Most Commercial Insurance Plans are Accepted.
Urgent Care Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, Sunday, 8 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Receive appointment reminders directly to your cell phone. Sign up today for text messages! It’s quick and easy: Text SCClinic to 622622 to complete registration or scan the QR code now. Message and data rates may apply.
South Central Family Medicine & Urgent Care will not discriminate in the provision of healthcare services to an individual:
- Because the individual is unable to pay for the healthcare services;
- Because payment for those services would be made under Medicare, Medicaid, or the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP); or
- Based upon the individual’s race, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, religion, gender identity or sexual orientation.
This practice serves all patients regardless of ability to pay. Discounts for essential services are offered based on family size and income. For more information, ask at the front desk or complete the Discount Sliding Fee Program Application by clicking here.