South Central Wellness Center Re-Opens on May 11th
Posted on May 9, 2020
Welcome Back! South Central Wellness Center and Sports Performance+ appreciates your patience during our closure due to Coronavirus. In accordance with Governor Reeves’ Executive Order, gym and wellness facilities are permitted to re-open on Monday, May 11th. These facilities will follow strict guidelines to keep their guests and staff safe. The South Central Wellness Center and Sports Performance+ facility will re-open for appointment reservations only beginning Monday, May 11th at 6 a.m.
Cody Rogers, DPT, Director of Rehabilitation Services at SCRMC, stated, “We sincerely appreciate the understanding of our community during our closure. The staff is excited to re-open our facilities and want to ensure the community we will go above and beyond to keep all areas sanitized and safe. We will follow all guidelines set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Mississippi Department of Health (MSDH).”
While we transition into this new time period, we will implement new procedures to ensure the utmost safety for those in our facilities. All members must reserve an appointment time by phone prior to entering the building. Temperature and wellness screening stations will be setup at the entrance of each facility for each person entering the building. Members will be allotted a 1 hour time slot, per day to utilize gym floor, aerobics room or spin room. This will be based on availability and must be reserved daily by phone. We ask that all members using the equipment or class space observe social distancing guidelines. There will be assigned staff who will thoroughly clean and sanitize the building, all equipment and rooms between each appointment.
Reservations will be required and will begin at 6 a.m. on Monday, May 11th. Members are required to call each day to reserve a new appointment time by phone. Only those with scheduled times will be allowed to enter the facility. Please call 601-399-0530 for an appointment at the South Central Wellness Center. Please call 601-498-2079 for an appointment at South Central Sports Performance+.
New procedures for members include:
- Revised hours of operation:
- Monday – Friday, 6 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Saturday, 6 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Sunday, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- All members must reserve an appointment time prior to entry of the building. This includes aerobics room or spin room.
- Members are to wait in car until the time slot begins.
- If unable to keep the appointment time, members are required to cancel.
- Members may only reserve a time slot for the class of their choice for the day they are calling.
- The pool, childcare and showers will remain closed. Parkinson’s Wellness Recovery will not be offered. The locker rooms and restrooms will be open with admittance of 2 guests at a time.
- Revised rates for Wellness Center only:
- $24 for 12 sessions
- $5 for guest pass
- All previous membership rates will be postponed until further notice.
The MSDH requires gyms to follow strict guidelines to maintain safety for all in the facility:
- No more than 30% of the gym’s maximum capacity with limitation of 1 hour per day.
- Classes or group exercises are allowed with members maintaining a minimum of a 6-foot distance apart.
- All members must sanitize their hands when entering and exiting the gym and when they move between equipment.