Getting Started at South Central Wellness Center
South Central Wellness Center offers a physical health assessment to each new member. New members complete a medical history prior to the assessment to determine if there are conditions present that require attention by a physician. The assessment includes testing in flexibility, upper body strength, hand grip strength, and a body fat analysis. Based on the results of the assessment, an exercise physiologist develops an exercise prescription for the individual. The member then completes an orientation where the exercise physiologist explains frequency, duration, intensity and mode of the exercise program.
A membership at South Central Wellness Center includes:
- Full use of our fitness area, strength and weight training equipment.
- Access to our aquatic area.
- Group exercise classes (both land and aquatic).
- Indoor track
- Supervised child care services (additional fees apply).
- Specialized personal training (additional fees apply).
- Locker rooms with showers.
- Special members-only events and activities and other Wellness Center services.
South Central Wellness Center also offers group exercise classes and services for individuals with special needs, such as seniors, people with osteoporosis, arthritis (land and aquatic classes) and cardiovascular issues.
For more information on becoming a part of South Central Wellness Center family, contact one of our membership staff by calling (601)399.0530.
Membership Rates: (updated 11.01.20)
- $25 per month per individual for EFT
- $30 Adult rate, if paid monthly by statement
- $15 rate for first responders, police officers and military
- $45 Aerobic Card, 31 visits/punches – expires after 90 days
- $5 – 1 Day Pass
- $30 Monthly Guest Pass
- $15 Weekly Guest Pass
- Active Family Plans are grandfathered in and will continue as long as they are active
- No Joining Fees
Please contact the South Central Wellness Center at 601-399-0530 ext. 3 for details.
In an effort to help simplify the paperwork process of joining we have posted South Central Wellness Center’s membership application along with a questionnaire and agreements that you can download and fill out before your visit to the Center.
South Central Wellness Center
1002 Jefferson Street, Laurel, MS 39440
Phone (601) 399-0530