For information about Joint Camp at South Central Regional Medical Center, please call (601) 399-0555.
South Central Regional Medical Center is pleased to provide Joint Camp, a comprehensive joint replacement program which includes the involvement of your surgeon, physical therapists, occupational therapists, nurses, social workers, a program coordinator and many other team members. South Central’s Joint Camp program is designed to streamline the process and return you to an active lifestyle as quickly as possible.
- Pre-habilitation (Pre-hab) evaluation with occupational and physical therapy to help prepare you for your surgery.
- Educational material for you and your “coach.”
- Customized list of equipment that is specific to your needs.
- Placement on Unit 2 West after surgery with a dedicated nursing staff that specializes in orthopaedic care.
- Occupational and physical therapy twice a day performed in our therapy area.
- Coordinated care throughout your process.
- Written instructions for exercises, precautions and discharge care.
- A program coordinator who will follow your progress from your initial appointment with the surgeon all the way through your rehabilitation phase.
We strive to provide innovative, comprehensive care to patients who have elected to undergo total joint replacement surgery. The goal of our Joint Camp team is to restore you to a functional status, and to make your hospital stay as beneficial, informative and comfortable as possible.