South Central Rehabilitation Services offers physical therapy services for adults and pediatric inpatients and outpatients. Physical therapy services are offered on an outpatient basis at 4 locations. For information about South Central’s Physical Therapy program, please call 601-399-0534.
What is Physical Therapy?
Physical therapy (PT) uses evidence-based assessments, exercise techniques, joint mobilization, and health education to treat conditions such as chronic or acute pain, soft tissue injuries, arthritis, physical impairments, and gait disorders typically of musculoskeletal, and neurological origins. Physical therapy improves your physical functions through examination, diagnosis, prognosis, physical intervention, rehabilitation and patient education.
At South Central Rehabilitation Services our goal is to improve muscle function, gain flexibility, find pain relief, relieve stress, and reduce the risk of re-injury over time with physical therapy. To meet the needs of our community, we offer 4 convenient locations – Laurel, North Laurel, Ellisville and Taylorsville.
What are the Benefits of Physical Therapy?
There are many benefits to specialized physical therapy, including:
- Improved strength and endurance
- Greater flexibility
- Pain relief
- Stress relief
- A better understanding of your condition
- A stronger core
- Less stress on joints
- Relief without medication or surgery
- Taking an active role in your recovery
- Reduced risk of re-injury
What Type of Services are Offered through Physical Therapy?
- Aquatic Therapy
- Dry Needling
- Geriatric Therapy
- Hand Therapy by Certified Hand Therapist
- Lymphedema Therapy
- Manual Therapy
- Neurological Rehabilitation
- Orthopedic Surgery Recovery
- Parkinson’s Wellness Recovery
- Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation
- Sports Rehabilitation
- Stroke Rehabilitation
- Vestibular / Balance Rehabilitation
- Work and Industrial Medicine Rehabilitation
If you feel you or a loved one may benefit from physical therapy, talk with your healthcare provider today or contact South Central Rehabilitation Services at 601-399-0534.