Maintaining good overall fitness is an excellent way to prevent many health problems. South Central Regional Medical Center’s Wellness Center offers a complete fitness program personally designed for each member. Fitness classes are available for members of the Wellness Center.
The Wellness Center is located at 23 Mason Street in Laurel. For more information, please call 601-399-0530.
- Revised hours of operation:
- Monday – Friday, 6 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Saturday, 6 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Sunday, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
- All members must reserve an appointment time for the aerobics room or spin room. The gym floor and equipment does not require an appointment.
- The pool, childcare and showers will remain closed. Parkinson’s Wellness Recovery will not be offered. The locker rooms and restrooms will be open with admittance of 2 guests at a time.
- Revised rates for Wellness Center only:
- $24 for 12 sessions
- $5 for guest pass
- All previous membership rates will be postponed until further notice.
The MSDH requires gyms to follow strict guidelines to maintain safety for all in the facility:
- All members must wear a face mask from June 17 – July 1.
- No more than 30% of the gym’s maximum capacity with limitation of 1 hour per day.
- Classes or group exercises are allowed with members maintaining a minimum of a 6-foot distance apart.
- All members must sanitize their hands when entering and exiting the gym and when they move between equipment.
Aerobics Class Scheduled – 6.17.20